Apocalypse Rock is currently making the film festival circuit. So far, it has been very well received, racking up great feedback and winning awards! Some of those awards include:
- Best Narrative Short at both Boomtown Film and Music Festival
- Best Narrative Short at Sacramento Film & Music Festival
- Best Drama at Love Your Shorts Film Festival
- Best Film at Wasteland Film Festival
- Third Place Best Screenplay at Desert Rocks Film and Music Festival
- Official Selection at Jerome Indie Film & Music Festival
Most recently, we headed north for the West Chester Film Festival in April, where Apocalypse Rock was nominated – and won! – Best Comedy. We also nearly snagged the H. Paul Fitzpatrick People’s Choice Award as runner-up by the closest margin of votes in the entire twelve-year history of the festival. Check out the other award winners here.
We keep receiving so much positive feedback from the film and making great new contacts. In particular, Vishwas (The Visit) and Connor Gabe (Snap Shot), both of whom we met in West Chester, joined us the following weekend for the DC 48 Hour Film Project. We were delighted, as well, to be joined this year by Star Wipe veteran, Allie McFadden (Distilled,Welcome to the Neighborhood, Denouement).
We came in with a small, but strong team this year; wish us luck in making “The Best of the Fest”!